Monday 14 April 2014

Review of 'Revlon Nail Art Moon Candy' in 'Galactic'

Hi everyone! I got this polish as a Christmas present and have been dying to use it and show you for ages but I wanted to save it for a special occasion (it was my birthday week!). It has been around for a little while now and I haven't really seen anything that compares to it. Whilst it is basically a base colour with a top coat glitter duo, the glitter isn't like any ordinary glitter; it really makes your nails look amazing and I got loads of compliments when I wore it!


There are also 6 others in the collection in different colours all just as beautiful but I think in other countries the collection is larger as I've read reviews on colours I can't find myself in shops. In the UK you can get them from pretty much any Revlon counter in most shops and they retail for £7.99.



Due to it being quite a dark colour I used my Barry M basecoat to protect my nails.


I then applied one coat of the base colour which is a dark blue, almost black, colour. It goes on really well and even though I only applied a thin coat I still only needed one for a full coverage and it dried pretty quickly as well! I did find it a little hard to apply as the brush is attached to the other side of the duo making it a lot longer and heavier than normal nail varnishes.


I didn't have to wait long until I applied the glitter coat on top which is a turquoise base with different blue iridescent glitter flakes and it is so gorgeous! I felt it was better to dab it because otherwise the larger flakes stayed on the brush rather than transferring to the nail although it did mean in some places quite large flakes stuck up off the nail but they could quite easily be pushed down with tweezers. 



Although you don't really need a top coat as the glitter coat itself is really shiny but I found that due to the glitter flakes being different sizes my nail didn't feel very smooth so I used my Barry M top coat to fix that.


I absolutely love this nail varnish and can't wait to wear it again. I'm going over to America in the summer so I'll have to have a look at the other colours and maybe even treat myself to one! I would really recommend you give this collection a go if you haven't already and although they are £7.99 I think it's worth it! Let me know what you think and if you've tried one out! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment