Thursday 6 June 2013

Review of 'NYC Quick Dry Nail Polish' in 'Blue Sky'

Recently I've been buying so many nail varnishes from this brand because they've been on offer in Superdrug! I bought this colour along with 2 others on a buy 2 get 1 free offer. Even so, they are only £1.79 each so perfect for anyone like me, who is on a budget, but still wants to look good!

NYC - In a New York Minute Quick Dry Nail  Polish in 'Blue Sky' 

I picked up this 'Blue Sky' colour because it's got a nice fun summery feel to it and my collection is lacking in blues and pastels!

Firstly, I applied my go to base coat.

Collection 2000 - Nail Care 2 in 1 Base Coat and Ridge Filler With Keratin


This is from Collection 2000 (although I think it's now just called Collection) and I got it for £2.99 in Boots. I always use it as my base coat because it's cheap and does the job! Not much else to say on that...

Then I applied the first coat of colour. I noticed it was in some places a bit thick and others it was very streaky. However a plus was that it did dry really quickly and glides nicely over your nails. Please ignore how messy they have been painted - I sort it all out at the end don't worry!


Little bit streaky
After the second coat had been applied it looked a lot better - pretty much the colour on the bottle! This coat took a little longer to dry as I wanted to make sure it was fully smudge proof! But still only about 30 minutes.
I like the fact it is quite strongly pigmented as it means that after 2 coats you're ready to go! I've got some nail polishes that can take 3 coats before the even slightly start to resemble the colour in the bottle.



I didn't apply a top coat as I usually would because as you can find HERE I added a coat of glitter on top as something extra.

Overall I really loved this product because the colour was gorgeous, it was pretty good quality for the bargain price and dried pretty quickly! I'd definitely recommend this product! Thank you for reading (:

No comments:

Post a Comment