Friday 26 July 2013

Quick Fix For Broken Nails

Hi everyone! So I don't know about you, but my nails are always breaking! For some reason they are just so weak and I can't grow them too long because either the layers split or a whole chunk breaks. I thought I would share with you today a quick way I found on Pinterest to temporary repair your broken nails.

So to start with: there are a few things you will need

Clear nail varnish - or can be coloured if you prefer

I'm using my Collection (formally Collection 2000) base coat

Glue - ideally you should use nail glue but I don't have any so I use superglue which seems to work!

I'm pretty sure I just got this in a supermarket but I wouldn't know for how much - sorry!
Scissors
I've just noticed these are from Safeway - just shows how old they are!!

A tea bag


A nail file

I have absolutely no idea where my nail file is from. My nail buffer (the bottom one) is from the Body Shop but as it was given to me a present I don't know how much it was but I cannot imagine it will be over £3??
And sadly, a broken nail




So firstly what you want to do is cut your tea bag open and get rid of the tea as all you need is the bag



Then carefully cut a small square from the tea bag. Depending on how big the breakage of your nail is will determine the size of square you will need

As you can see it almost looks a bit like a small piece of bandage or gauze  that you would use to cover any cuts on your skin - it's basically doing the same job!

Then apply a small bit of glue onto the square you have cut out and position it on the breakage. Firmly press it down onto the nail and make sure it sticks down fully.


Now before doing anything else give the glue a few minutes to set - you don't want it coming off any time soon!

Then grab your nail file and file down the square so it doesn't stick up on your nail so much. If you don't do this when you nail varnish on top (especially coloured) it will be really obvious that there is something under & we don't want that!


One piece is usually all you need but because I was going to be away doing raft building and loads of other activities that would ruin my nails I decided to cut out another small square from the same tea bag and repeat it by placing the second square on the top of the first.


If you do this you will need to do some extra filing just to minimise the size it sticks up, but be careful not to do it too much otherwise you will be basically taking the tea bag off which really defeats the point!

Really sorry for the picture being so blury!
And that's it. Then you can apply your nail varnish over the top. Even if you don't want to use a coloured one I would recommend just a quick clear coat on top just to cement it.

Hope this helped & let me know if your nails are always breaking - I need to know I'm not the only one :P
And if you try it out let me know how it goes! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment