Wednesday 7 August 2013

Pink Ombre Hair!?

Hi everyone! So guess what! I now have pink hair - not my whole head though, just ombre/dip dye (I'm not entieryly sure what the different between the 2 are except I think dip dye is a clean cut line whereas ombre fades) and I love it!

My sister did her hair last summer and I came across the dye in the cupboard and though why not use it on my hair? I'd recently read Louise's (Sprinkle of Glitter) blog post on her hair - which you can read HERE - and she has just had her hair dip dyed pink professionally so I thought why not give it a go! So my sister very kindly gave me the rest of the tube and did it for me as I can't reach around the back myself!


So before my hair was a variety of browns due to the sun and various dying attempts that never fully washed out which you can read about in my next blog post - so stay tuned for that!!


I used Smart Beauty hair colour which is a semi-permanent hair colour. It comes in a tube and in the packet there is also a handy little brush. It takes 40 minutes to develop which in comparison to other hair dyes I have used seems quite long.



I asked my sister to take a before, during and after shot so you could see the difference a little more clearly!

Before

During

After
I've got to be honest, I'm not sure how long it will last as I didn't bleach my hair before I used it so I'm trying to minimise the amount of times I wash my hair by using dry shampoo and not washing it if I'm not going out but I'm loving it at the moment and it has given me more confidence and I can't wait to experiment more with my hair in the future!!!

I hope you enjoyed reading this - let me know your thoughts! What would you love to do with your hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment