Saturday 17 August 2013

Review of 'Lush Karma Komba Solid Shampoo Bar'

Hi everyone! As you might know I have spent 2 weeks of the summer backpacking around Europe (travel diary sort of things will be coming soon!) and as I had to pack all my stuff into one bag there was just no room for shampoo and conditioner bottles. Then one day my Mum came home and she had bought me this shampoo bar from Lush and I have to say it is one of the best things I own!

It at first seems a little pricey at £5.25 as you also have to buy the tin if you are using it for travelling purposes which adds on £2.50 but I honestly think it is worth it!
Picture from www.lush.co.uk/product/247/Karma-Komba-Solid-Shampoo-Bar
It made my hair feel really clean (which was great considering my clothes were hardly smelling of daises by the end) and it smelt amazing and fresh! I also found I didn't need to use the small bottle of conditioner I had managed to squeeze in as after using the shampoo bar my hair was very manageable and felt so soft and lightweight when it was dry (which of course was it drying naturally as we had no hair dryers!)

It's also really simple and easy to use. You can either rub it into a lather in your hands or you can rub it directly onto your hair until it lathers. You then just use it like normal shampoo ie. you rub it in and then wash it out. And mine has hardly gone down it size despite using it everyday for the last 2 weeks!

It doesn't normally look as slimy but I had just used it - sorry!!!!
However, there is one thing I don't really like about this product and it was something I discovered the second day in. After using it I put it straight back into the tin as we were moving onto our next location and when I opened it the next morning I couldn't get it out of the tin. Turns out you need to let it fully dry after using it before placing it back in the tin. This wasn't something I could easily do as we were moving around so much but I came up with a solution! I put it into a small plastic bag and then into the tin whilst travelling and then got it out to dry properly when we got to the next hostel.

But I think it's a minor fault with the product and it's quite easily overcome if you have a spare plastic bag!

I would whole heatedly recommend this product, and the range they have is pretty good so if you don't like the smell of this one (not sure why you wouldn't but anywho) or if you want one specific to your hair type there are plenty for you to choose from!

Hope you enjoyed reading this and let me know if you have tried any of the others as I'd love to know if they are as amazing as this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment