Thursday 15 August 2013

Review of 'L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Nail Polish' in '701 Midnight Mistress'

Hi everyone! To start with I'm really sorry that this isn't particularly a nail varnish for you if you are on a budget, but in my defense I did get it on the ferry back from Holland and it was around €3 so to me that seemed like a good deal!

It is a very deep blue almost black colour which is not the sort of colour I often wear but it was because of that reason I chose it, as I knew I had nothing already like it in my collection at home. It is also a lot smaller than the ones I usually buy. It is only a 5ml bottle so I'm not sure how long it will last? I also wasn't too impressed with the quality of the lid because as I peeled the plastic cover off it pulled off some of the gold which now I think makes it look a bit tacky!

Anywho, I applied my base coat which I think is really important especially when applying a dark colour like this one as you don't want it to stain your nails! I used my usual base coat from Barry M and as usual - it's nothing spectacular but it does the job!



I then applied the first coat of colour. At first I thought it was because I apply thin coats but then after reading other peoples reviews I was assured the first coat was very streaky for everyone! This surprised me because I sort of assumed that as it was such a small bottle and was made by a world famous brand that one coat would be enough but clearly I was wrong.


After applying the second coat a little thicker than usual just to make sure my nails had full coverage of polish it looks so much better! It did shock me a little how black it was as when it was just one coat the blue was quite strong although it was still a little opaque in some places. But it is incredibly glossy which is nice and is something I highly rate in nail varnishes.


I still applied a top coat just to give it a little more protection to chipping rather than to increase the shine. And here they are all done!


I have to admit I wouldn't really recommend this product as there are plenty of nail varnishes out there that are much cheaper and at the same time give you a much better coverage. I do like the colour but I have to be honest, I think it will be one I save for Halloween which is a bit of a shame as I had such high hopes considering the brand name. I would be quite disappointed if I had payed full price for this.

Let me know your thoughts on dark nail varnishes - do you love them or hate them? Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment